Av. Monroe, Villa Urquiza, Buenos Aires
Located on Monroe Avenue, this style house was built in 1918. The main object for this project was to return it to its original architecture.
With that premise, lots of elements were demolished to refresh the house.
Keeping the style, all the facilities were updated from zero, (Electricity / Water / Plumbing / Pluvial / Gas), the patio with the grill was raised to the level of the ground floor, in order to improve its integration with the main areas of the house, and connected to the basement through a ladder that leads as well to a built-from-zero winery at the level of the existing patio.
As for the Thermomechanical Installation, due to the generous heights of the environments, a slim multi-split system was chosen, leaving all the equipment hidden inside the ceilings.
The handicraft carpentry played a fundamental role in this project, since all cedar doors were restored with French style, original of the house, and those that were necessary were replicated. The same occurred with windows and openings.
Continuing with the style, granite floors, marble, limestone and tiles were chosen for the finishes. The exterior walls, as all the rooms of the house, were covered with a paris stone cementitious plaster.